Summer Unemployment Resources

The AAUP has put together resources to help faculty needing assistance. Below is a summary of the full document.

In Brief:
If you were scheduled to teach a class this summer and the class was cancelled due to campus closures and other COVID 19 complications, you can collect unemployment insurance benefits through the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE) process. If you were receiving your wages via a W-2, you file through the CDLE and then you are automatically enrolled in the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance federal program. Under PUA, you will receive an additional $600/week. If you were paid via a 1099, you will still qualify for the PUA, but there is a different form you complete through the CDLE. The two forms are identified clearly on the CDLE “New Claimant” home page.